The Water Hub: RIPPLE, Newcastle – 21st March 2019
The Water Hub first network event is for businesses, creative thinkers + practitioners who want to create impact in the water and environment sectors.
About this Event
The UK Government estimates that there are opportunities to expand the current UK global market share in water technology innovation from 3% to at least 10% by 2030, representing an increase in value from £1.5 billion to £8.8 billion per year.
Realising this opportunity depends on greater collaboration between industry, academia, and government; a focus on commercial opportunities and customer needs; and access to testing and validation facilities and mechanisms to bring this all together.
There are at least six recognised water innovation hubs worldwide, but the UK is not among them. If properly organised, the UK has at least an equivalent, if not a greater, innovative capability. The Water Hub vision is for North East to be recognised among these.
The first annual network event is for businesses, creative thinkers, and practitioners; for those who want to create an impact in the water and environment sector and share our ambition for putting the North East at the heart of the global market in water technology innovation.
The day will provide industry and government insight, cutting-edge innovation, real life examples and inspiring talks from those within and influencing the water and environment sector in the North East and beyond.
It will bring together industry leaders, start-ups, engineers and investors from across the region to come together and find solutions to today’s water resource and environmental challenges.
A full programme, including:
- Tapping the Potential: Shining a light on the opportunity for growth in the water and environment sectors and how our region can capitalise on this.
- Pitch My Problem: A problem shared is a problem solved! Hear from organisations about their business challenges for a chance to be part of the solution.
- Pitch My Product: A series of technology pitching sessions to showcase new and innovative products.
- The Ripple Effect: Panel and audience debate to consider how putting water at the heart of the North East economy can increase growth and job opportunities.
There will be networking opportunities throughout the day, including:
- A networking space for businesses to showcase their technologies and brand and meet potential partners.
- An opportunity for delegates to connect before, during and after the day through bookable 1-2-1 sessions with industry leaders.
Registration is free and includes:
- Supported networking and introductions
- Discounted all day parking at Time Square (£4.50)
- Access to all sessions during the day
- Delegate pack including full delegate list
- Presentations available online after the day
- All refreshments and lunch
The Water Hub is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and strategic partnerships with Durham University, Durham County Council, Environment Agency and Northumbrian Water.
You can register for the event here.